We’re sure you’ve heard about the new craze – having an ice bath after a major workout. But why would anyone do that? And what’s the point? Well ice baths can actually help to reduce inflammation and improve recovery. When you sit in cold water, your blood vessels constrict; when you get out, they dilate. This process helps flush away metabolic waste post-workout.
With so many added benefits to having an ice bath, we’ve got a new revolutionary product that you can use in the comfort of your own home. Our Cold Plunge used standard ice blocks which can be added to water straight after your workout. Here’s how you use this tub:
- For the first time use, please use 10-15 °C water to clear the bath tub. Do not use water at 60 °C or higher to destroy the PVC layer.
- When filling the water, please add cold water first and then add ice packs or ice blocks. We suggest using 5kg bags of ice which can be bought at any grocery or liquor store, or gas station.
- The bathing water level is recommended not to pass over the chest, the water temperature is recommended at 8-12 ° C. Do not to soak for more than 30 minutes.
Here’s why people are raving about the benefits of an ice bath:
- Help Your Muscles Recover After a Hard Workout
- Prevent Muscle Soreness
- Help Cool Your Body Down
- Boost Your Mental Health
- Improve Your Sleep
- Reduce Risk of Injury
- Help Prepare Your Body for the Next Workout
- Boost Your Immunity
To find out more about our full range of sauna and health products available on Takealot, click here. For all other sauna products and accessories, contact us today. Take your spa and wellness to another level with SA-Sauna and Discovery Products.