Infra-red radiation (IR) is electromagnetic radiation of a wavelength longer than that of visible light, but shorter than that of radio waves. This radiating energy penetrates the body and heats it directly and more efficiently through a process called conversion.
Yes, far infra-red heat is a form of energy. The sun is an example of a principle source of infra-red radiant energy that we experience on a daily basis. Our bodies absorb, as well as emit infra-red radiant energy. An SA Sauna has a concentrated micron range of 8-10. This is very close to your own body’s frequency of 9.4 microns. The closer this frequency is, the more beneficial to your health and wellbeing.
Our infra-red sauna heaters produce radiant energy which is the same as the heat from the sun, only without the harmful UV rays. This specific carbon heater is made up of approximately 20 organic minerals and elements creating infra-red waves that heat your body directly, instead of just the air around you. Traditional Finnish saunas, also called rock saunas, use various types of heaters to warm the stones and air in the room.
There is a significant difference between our technology and the others. Our exclusive Carbon Wave 360 organic, carbon fibre panels are the latest cutting edge technology. They provide an unprecedented 576 in² of surface area heat, compared to ceramic tubes which only provide 25-50 in². This is important, because our carbon fiber panels offer a broad heat distribution leading to a greater amount of absorption. Some ceramic heaters can make it difficult for an individual to lean against, as opposed to SA Sauna’s carbon based panels, which have a lower surface temperature.
Yes, a SA FAR infra-red sauna may allow for up to three times the sweat volume produced compared to a traditional sauna. Far infra-red technology is thought to be seven times more effective at detoxifying metals such as mercury and aluminium, as well as cholesterols, nicotine, alcohol, ammonia, sulphuric acid and other environmental toxins when compared to conventional heat, or steam saunas. In a SA Sauna, the therapeutic operating temperature is much cooler, 40°-60°C compared to a traditional sauna which requires temperatures of 70°-90°C. This is important because one can withstand longer therapy sessions, resulting in increased sweat production.
We use only high quality Hemlock Fir. Our classic Canadian Red Cedar is an optional upgrade. West Coast Saunas prides itself on providing a superior handcrafted infra-red sauna. We never use toxic glues or plastics in our saunas.
The SA Sauna range is designed to plug into a standard household outlet rated at 15 amps.
Clean your infra-red sauna often to keep a fresh and well maintained appearance.
- Sweep or vacuum your sauna periodically to remove dirt, hair, etc.
- Wipe down the walls where people have touched them, i.e. above benches, around doors, and controls as needed.
- Use a bucket of warm water with a mild detergent soap and a clean cloth or sponge, then rinse well with a fresh damp cloth and plain water.
- Avoid heavy detergents as they can discolour your wood or leave a residue, which could emit irritating or harmful fumes.
- Do not use too much water as the wood will tend to turn dark.
- Never hose down the interior or exterior of an infra-red sauna.
- Never apply paint, stain or other chemical finishes or sealants to the interior of your sauna. The heat from your infra-red sauna may cause the surface to become too hot to the touch or cause toxic fumes to be released.
It is recommended that users take a shower prior to entering the infra-red sauna. Before sitting or reclining on benches, place a towel under each person to absorb perspiration.
We offer a 12 month Warranty on cabinetry, electrical, and heating panels. Just call or email a Customer Service Representative for any replacement parts. The CD and/or DVD player carries a separate 6 month warranty from the original manufacturer.
We carry ETL, CE and Dekra ISO9001:2000 approved electrical safety certifications on all of our infra-red saunas.
Daily 20 minute therapeutic infra-red sauna sessions with a 15 minute warm up, performed for a month, may only cost R90 per month. Other traditional hot air saunas can double your electric bill.
Installation of an SA Sauna was designed to be quick and easy, with minimal tools required. Our step by step, illustrated Installation Manual can be printed right from our website. You also have the option of our installers installing the sauna for you at a minimal fee.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club International and EFT’s.
Your SA Sauna will be shipped directly from the SA Sauna distribution warehouse within 24 hours of receiving your order and payment authorization. Your sauna will be shipped via TIME freight. SA Saunas uses state of the art packaging to ensure safe arrival of your sauna. Your sauna is packaged in 2 boxes. Delivery time is usually 3-5 business days. We will provide you with tracking information as soon as your sauna is shipped.
- Import factory direct pricing (no middle man mark-ups)
- Members of the South African Consumer Council
- High quality performance saunas
- Best value for your money
- Secure payment options
- We stand behind our products
- Unsurpassed customer service and support
- Many extras included with every sauna
- ISO 9001:2000 quality accredited
- Quick and easy assembly
- Inside and outside soft touch control panels (some models)
- Luxury light package
- Oxygen Ionizer
- AM/FM/CD player
- Cup holder and towel rack
- Completely portable
- Beautiful glass doors and windows
- Plugs into standard 220V
- Back, leg and floor heating panels
- Cedar wood
- DVD player
- Outdoor Cover
- Light Therapy